Orange juice makes a great marinade and sauce for baking tilapia fillets while panko crumbs add some toasty crunch.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 Tbsp orange juice divided
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- Pour 1 1/2 cups orange juice into a resealable plastic bag. Add tilapia fillets to bag, seal the bag, and let marinate for 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven 400°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, panko crumbs, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, garlic, and basil together until well combined.
- Remove tilapia from the orange juice marinade and shake off excess liquid. Arrange the tilapia in prepared baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade into the dish and discard the rest.
- Spread panko crumb mixture over the top of the fillets. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Chef’s Note: If you like your fish to have a bit of brown on top, put it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes but make sure you watch it because it can burn quickly.
Calories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 32gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 84mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!