One Pot Tomato and Bean Pasta
This one pot vegetarian pasta dish is a great solution for busy weeknights.
- 12 oz linguine pasta
- 1 15-oz can Italian style diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, no salt added drained
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic minced (about 4 cloves)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 12 fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Place pasta, tomatoes, beans, broccoli, onion, and garlic in a large stock pot. Pour in broth and sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, leaving about an inch or so in the bottom.
- Season with pepper. Add the basil leaves and Parmesan cheese and stir well to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese as desired.
Nutrition Nugget: Did you know that the garbanzo bean is actually called a chickpea! The garbanzo bean/chickpea is part of the legume family. Just one small tablespoon of chickpeas packs in almost 3 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. Chickpeas also have iron, vitamin B-6, and Magnesium. Overall, they are a powerhouse of nutrients. Add them to salads, pastas and soups to give a quick nutrition boost!
Calories: 320kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 17gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 645mgFiber: 8gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!