No-Bake Sunbutter Power Balls
These are a great nut-free snack to send to school with your children or to eat for an after exercise pick-me-up. They are also a fun way to get your children in the kitchen helping.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips
- 1 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 graham cracker sheets crushed
- Cover a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the oats, chocolate chips and flaxseed in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir the sunflower seed butter, honey and vanilla together until smooth. Add to the oat mixture and stir well until mixture is sticky.
- Place the crushed graham crackers in a small bowl.
- Wet your hands with water to keep mixture from sticking. Using a small amount at a time, roll the mixture into balls about 1 ½ inches wide. After rolling each ball, roll it around in the graham cracker crumbs to cover the outside. Place on the baking sheet.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
A serving is considered 2 balls.
Calories: 265kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 7gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 58mgFiber: 5gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!