Morning Glory Muffins
These Whole Grain Morning Glory Muffins are packed with shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, and raisins. They are low in added sugar thanks to mashed banana and raisins helping to provide more sweetness naturally. This recipe makes a lot of muffins for sharing or freezing for later. Yield is 30 regular sized muffins or 18 regular sized muffins and 24 mini-muffins
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, beaten eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk well to combine. Stir in zucchini, carrots and raisins.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into each hole in the muffin pan until it is about 2/3 full.
- Place muffins in oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Serving: 62.2gCalories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 113mgPotassium: 166mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!