Miso and Soy Sauce Zoodles
Zoodles can take on any number of flavors and in this dish, we give it an Asian twist with a sauce made from miso paste and soy sauce. This is a perfect side dish with an Asian meal or make it a main dish by doubling the recipe and adding some protein.
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek optional
- 2 Tbsp unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized (about 3 cups)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the miso paste, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chicken broth, ginger, and white pepper.
- In another small bowl, stir together corn starch and cold water. Add to the miso and soy sauce mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add zoodles to the pan and cook until desired texture is achieved, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the pan and stir. Continue to cook on medium heat for another minute or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Calories: 47kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 202mgPotassium: 9mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!