Meyer Lemon Rosemary Muffins
Rosemary and Meyer lemons are paired in this not-too-sweet and savory muffin.
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 4 tsp finely grated Meyer lemon zest from about 2 Meyer lemons
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice from about 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or use cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup of the sugar with the lemon zest until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large glass, combine milk and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and butter. Add in the egg. Then add the Greek yogurt, milk mixture, vanilla and half of the lemon sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined. Scoop batter into muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining lemon sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Chef’s Note: Regular lemons could be used in this recipe if you can’t find Meyer lemons. Nutrition Nugget: Did you know that Meyer lemons are actually a cross between a lemon and an orange? They are more round than lemons and are a deeper yellow, with a slight orange undertone. They are sweeter and less acidic than lemons.
Calories: 174kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 5gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 249mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!