Make Your Own Veggie Pizza
This is a fast and easy way to turn pizza night into a pizza bar, using sandwich thins as a crust. This way everyone can make their own pizza with their favorite toppings.
- 4 whole wheat sandwich thins
- 1 6-oz bag baby spinach sautéed
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- pasta sauce and/or basil pesto
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- If preferred, lightly sauté each vegetable ingredient separately in a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil to soften or you can use the ingredients raw. Assemble all of the toppings, sauce and cheese ingredients in separate bowls.
- Split sandwich thins in half and allow everyone to make their own pizzas with their favorite toppings.
- Bake in oven on a large baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.
Mix It Up: This meal is definitely one that you can add all sorts of toppings. You may want to ask your kids what they want on their pizzas so they have some stake in the game. And it's okay if pepperoni ends up on the pizza too!
Calories: 417kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 22gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1051mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!