Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado, diced
- plain Greek yogurt optional
- salsa optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a mandolin or sharp chef’s knife, slice the sweet potato into ¼” thick rounds. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the seasoned sweet potato rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet pan. Use two sheet pans if needed. Bake for 20 minutes then flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and top with the black beans and cheese. Put the pan back in the oven for an another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan(s) from oven and carefully transfer nachos to a platter. Top with green onions, cilantro, Greek yogurt and salsa if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 21gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 480mgFiber: 12gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!