Lemon Herb Baked Shrimp
Baking the lemon and herbs before adding the shrimp to the pan gives this dish an extra depth of flavor that you will love.
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 - 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into thin half-moons
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour oil into a 12-inch baking dish. Add in the butter, thyme, oregano, garlic cloves, black pepper and about half of the lemon slices. Bake in oven until mixture is fragrant, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove baking dish from the oven.
- Add shrimp to the baking dish and toss with the sauce until it is evenly coated. Top with the additional lemon slices. Bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and firm. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Chef’s Note: This recipe makes a really light sauce that you could also toss over some angel hair pasta if you prefer. Adapted from Joyously Domestic.
Calories: 213kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 15gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 278mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!