Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 15-oz can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 6-in whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Plain Greek yogurt or reduced fat sour cream optional
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for several minutes. Add the black beans and spices, onion powder through coriander. Cook until heated through. Set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat and warm the tortillas one at a time in the dry pan. Wrap the warmed tortillas in foil until ready to serve.
- Spray the heated pan used for the tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and scramble the eggs.
- To assemble, top each tortilla with a rounded 1/3 cup beans, ¼ of the eggs, 2 tablespoons cheese, ¼ of the diced tomato, ¼ of the diced avocado, and salsa.
Chef’s Note: Want extra fluffy scrambled eggs? Before whisking, separate the yolk and the whites into different bowls. Whisk the whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold in the eggs yolks until fully incorporated. Pour egg mixture into a hot skillet and stir until eggs are set, 3-5 minutes. Then enjoy your perfectly fluffy scrambled eggs!
Calories: 371kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 19gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 458mgFiber: 10gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!