Hot Chai Dark Chocolate
Chai spices add a subtle heat to this hot chocolate that is sure to spice up a chilly Winter evening. Recipe yields about 3 1/3 cups of mix. Easy to throw together for when you need it or give as a gift to friends.
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup dry milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend well. A pastry cutter or whisk may be used to help break up clumps.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make hot chocolate, use 4-5 tablespoons of mix with 8 ounces of hot water or milk.
Chef’s Note: The spice mix alone would also make a wonderful gift if you have any Chai lovers in your life. If using your own Chai spice mix, add 4 teaspoons to the recipe above in place of all the spices.
Calories: 95kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 18mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!