Healthy Slow Cooker White Bean Mushroom Soup
- 2 cans white kidney or romano beans drained & rinsed
- 2 medium carrots finely grated
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 can mushroom soup (I used Western Family)
- 8 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- Cooking spray
- A tiny pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat skillet on medium, spray with cooking spray and add onions. Sautee until golden brown, add grated carrots & cook for another 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Increase heat to high and add sliced mushrooms. Panfry until golden brown stirring frequently. Add canned mushroom soup and cook for another minute.
- Add sautéed vegetables from Step 1, water, beans, bay leaves and black peppercorns to a crock pot, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low or for 4 hours on high.
Calories: 159.2kcalCarbohydrates: 32.7gProtein: 9.9gFat: 1.5gSodium: 626.4mgFiber: 9.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!