Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa
Grilled corn and peach salsa is a versatile salsa that can be added to any number of dishes like chicken, flank steak, fish tacos or quesadillas.
- 3-4 ears corn with husks intact
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3-4 peaches diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully pull back husks from ears of corn, but do not remove the husks. Remove silk from the ear of corn. Put the husks back in place and soak in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat grill on medium heat. Put ears of corn on grill. Turn every 5-10 minutes. If husks start to burn, move off the direct heat and allow corn to cook for about 20 minutes or until corn kernels are tender. Carefully remove corn from the grill – the husks will be hot – and allow to cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the ear and place in a bowl. Add the red onion, peaches, jalapeno and lime juice to the corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to mix.
- Grill the peaches for extra flavor. In order to grill peaches, choose peaches that are barely ripe for the best results. Cut the peaches in half and place on the grill for about 5-10 minutes. Then cool and dice.
- Soak the corn in a large stock pot so that the corn is vertical or standing on one end in the stock pot.
- If you like your corn to have some brown grill marks on it for presentation, pull back the husks and grill on each side for about 2 minutes at the end of the cooking time.
Calories: 103kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSodium: 22mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!