Goat Cheese, Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Pork Loin
Goat Cheese, Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Pork Loin is elegant enough for special occasions though easy enough to do any night of the week.
- 4 lb pork loin trimmed of extra fat
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butterfly the pork loin by laying on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice horizontally down the middle, but do not cut all the way through. Leave about a half inch on one side then open up the pork loin like a book so that it lays flat. Cover the pork with plastic wrap and pound the pork loin with a mallet so that it is uniform thickness.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size pan over medium heat. Add half of the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds to one minute. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 50 minutes. Add the fresh spinach and balsamic vinegar, if using. Cook just until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in half of the salt and pepper.
- Spread the goat cheese over both sides of the pork. On one side of the pork, spread the mushrooms and spinach. If you have more filling than will fit, then save any extra to serve with it later.
- Fold one side of the pork onto the other and then use kitchen twine to secure the pork. Rub the remaining garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary all over the outside of the pork. Place the pork in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature of pork is 145 degrees F. If your pork begins to brown too much, then cover with foil. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before removing the twine, slicing and serving.
Mix It Up: If your family isn’t fan of mushrooms, then leave them out. Or add sun-dried tomatoes to the filling for a little bit of a sweet and savory flavor.
Calories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 44gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 293mgPotassium: 956mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!