Garlicky Potatoes, Green Beans and Cauliflower
Liven up your side dishes by putting different vegetable combinations together like potatoes, green beans and rice.
- 3/4 lb fingerling potatoes scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 lb green beans
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika optional
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot, cover the fingerling potatoes with water and add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and green beans to the pot and continue to cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the paprika if using and remove from the heat.
- Drain the vegetables well and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with the remaining salt and drizzle the garlic mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the vinegar, toss well and serve.
- White balsamic vinegar is preferred so as not to affect the color of the vegetables. White wine vinegar or sherry vinegar could also be used.
- Baby red potatoes may be used in place of the fingerling potatoes if preferred.
Calories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 252mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!