Garden Mushroom and Beef Meatloaf
Mushrooms and carrots are blended into ground beef for healthier and more flavorful meatloaf. See the notes below the recipe for a slow cooker option.
- 1.25 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms minced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar diced
- 4 tbsp ketchup divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef through the cheese. Add 1 tablespoon of the ketchup and mix well.
- 3. Place the meat mixture in a greased loaf pan. Spread the remaining ketchup on top of meatloaf.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Chef’s Note: Use a food processor to finely chop the vegetables for speedier preparation. If you don't have a loaf pan, you can form into a loaf and cook on a jelly roll pan. A slow cooker could also be used for prepping early in the day and cooking on low for 6-8 hours. Make Ahead: Save some time during the week and chop your vegetables over the weekend and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 24gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 247mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!