French Onion Flank Steak
French onion soup mix gives a flavor boost to flank steak as do crispy fried onions placed on top just before serving.
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1.25-oz packet dry onion soup mix
- 3 oz aged white Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Preheat the broiler. Coat both sides of steak with oil and soup mix. Broil for 5 minutes on each side or until almost the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove flank steak from oven and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Put back in the oven for a minute or two or until cheese is melted.
- Remove steak from oven, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice and top with the fried onions before serving.
Nutrition Nugget: Flank steak is one of the leanest cuts of beef you can buy and also affordable so it is something we use often!
Calories: 269kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 29gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 83mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!