Broccoli & Egg McMuffin Casserole
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- 5 oz sliced Canadian bacon
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the English muffins and Canadian bacon slices into quarter pieces. Spread the English muffins in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with the Canadian bacon slices, broccoli and 1 cup of cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the English muffin mix in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until eggs are set and casserole is lightly browned on top.
Simplify It: Use frozen chopped broccoli instead of fresh for faster prep time. Just thaw it out first and drain any excess water from the broccoli before adding to the recipe. Make Ahead: Assemble the dish up to 12 hours before serving, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Then bake according to directions above and serve. Chef’s Note: We didn’t add any salt to this recipe because the Canadian bacon and cheese add quite a bit of salty flavor already. Of course, your family can always add salt at the table if they need more, but we don’t think they’ll need it!
Calories: 272kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 20gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 258mgSodium: 439mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!