This breakfast sandwich is the perfect start to the day. Change up the veggies and other toppings for whatever you have on hand or will help spice up your morning!
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/8 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Place cheese slice on one side of English muffin then toast.
- While English muffin is toasting, heat oil in a small fry pan. Crack egg into pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired degree of yolk runniness.
- Assemble sandwich by placing spinach leaves on top of cheese side of English muffin. Pace egg on top then arrange avocado slices and bell pepper over the egg. Top with other half of English muffin.
Mix It Up: Use any combo of veggies you like or have on hand. Sometimes we add a slice of bacon as well to change things up.
Calories: 392kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 18gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 235mgSodium: 628mgPotassium: 380mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!