Egg, Avocado and Spinach Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
The beauty of this breakfast bowl is you can make it your own with any number of ingredients or toppings.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 1 egg scrambled
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh spinach
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the oats and milk. Stir together and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Arrange the ground flaxseed, almonds, cheese, avocado and scrambled eggs on top of the oatmeal. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Chef’s Note: For fluffier eggs, make sure you stir with a whisk really well before cooking. Alternatively, put the eggs in a small greased microwavable bowl and cook on high for 1 minute. Mix It Up: Swap out the ground flaxseed for chia seeds or almond meal or leave the spinach off if that isn’t your thing. A poached or over medium egg with a runny yolk would also be tasty instead of scrambled.
Calories: 499kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 27gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 628mgPotassium: 780mgFiber: 10gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!