Easy Mexican Sausage Cornbread Muffins
- 1 lb chicken chorizo sausage
- 1 package cornbread muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut casing off chicken chorizo sausage and place in a skillet on medium heat. As sausage is cooking, use spatula chop sausage into crumbles. Set aside.
- Prepare muffin batter following the directions on the package using the egg and milk.
- Fold chorizo and cheese into the batter.
- Using a nonstick cooking spray, grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups to the top by dividing the batter evenly in each cup.
- Back for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are cooked through and are golden brown.
Calories: 172kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 8gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 429mgSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!