Easy Mediterranean Chickpea Bake
Making the barley ahead of time makes this dish simple to throw together for a vegetarian meal.
- 1½ cups cooked pearled barley
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup Kalamata olives sliced
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a medium sized casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until warmed through and golden brown.
- ½ cup pearled barley cooked in 1 ½ cups water will yield 1 ½ cups cooked barley.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.
Calories: 204kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 8gFat: 4gSodium: 527mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!