Cracker Crusted Salmon
Salt and pepper whole grain crackers give the crust on this salmon a lot of flavor and crunch.
- 1 lb salmon cut into four filets
- 1/2 cup Salt and Pepper Crackers such as Triscuits
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a backing sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a food processor, grind up the crackers to the consistency of fine bread crumbs. Put the crumbs in a bowl and toss with the lemon zest, parsley and olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub all over the salmon. Press the cracker crumb mixture gently into the top of each salmon filet.
- Bake the salmon for 12 to 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Make Ahead: Grind up the crackers in advance then proceed with the recipe when you are ready for faster prep time.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 26gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6072mgSodium: 183mgSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!