Corn, Peas and Chicken Chowder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 8-oz pkg pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped red potato, about 6 oz
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring with a whisk until flour is dissolved.
- Add the corn, peas, potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then add the chicken, stirring well. Cover and reduce heat, simmering for 15 minutes and stirring occasionally. Serve with sliced green onions sprinkled on top.
Mix It Up: This is a really easy soup to swap out or add more vegetables. You could easily add diced carrots to the original recipe or swap them for the corn to add a bit more nutrition. Simplify It: Buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, then shred with 2 forks to use in this recipe.
Calories: 331kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 29gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 426mgFiber: 4gSugar: 16g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!