Coconut Almond Energy Bars
These energy bars are not overly sweet and have lots of crunch from all of the nuts.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, raisins, or another dried fruit
- 1 1/2 cups tahini
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and generously spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dates, raisins, or another dried fruit.
- Combine tahini and honey in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until well combined. Add wet mix to dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and using wet hands, press into pan so the bars are about 1" thick. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Bars will still feel sticky but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool completely. Lift parchment paper from pan and cut into 20 individual bars.
Calories: 209kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 8mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!