Chocolate Cherry Avocado Muffins
This is a healthy chocolate muffin packed with flavor and heart healthy ingredients.
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ᵒF. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a mixer, cream the avocado, banana, oil and sugar at medium speed until smooth. Add in the eggs one a time. Add the vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients, the flour through the cocoa powder. Stir well with a whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just until combined being careful not to over-mix. Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way with the batter. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Chef's Note: For a smoother texture, grind the oats in a food processor before mixing with the rest of the dry ingredients.
Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 183mgFiber: 4gSugar: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!