Chocolate Caramel Banana Bites
These are a simple treat to make for when the sweet cravings strike. They are best eaten frozen.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 square 100% cacao unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp milk
- 3 medium bananas cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 10 slices per banana)
- 1/2 cup Caramel sauce see below in recipe notes for the link to our homemade version!
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Combine the chocolate chips and chocolate square in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between, until chocolate is melted. Stir in the canola oil and milk. Add more milk as needed to make it easier to dunk bananas.
- Using a fork, dunk each banana slice in the chocolate. Cover completely then carefully remove, scraping the bottom of the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and place on the wax paper. Repeat with all of the banana slices.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the caramel sauce over the chocolate covered bananas. Place the sheet pan in the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Put the chocolate and caramel covered bananas in an airtight container and place back in the freezer. Eat directly from the freezer!
Chef’s Notes: You could use store bought caramel sauce in place of the homemade, but our Homemade Caramel Sauce is so easy to do in the microwave and only takes 5 minutes, I highly recommend making your own! 1 serving = 3 bites
Calories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 4mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!