Chock Full O' Veggies Spaghetti Sauce
This spaghetti sauce is a great make-ahead and freeze for later recipe.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 sweet onions chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 4 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 15-oz cans tomato sauce no-salt added
- 1 cup frozen edamame, shelled
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped (2 tsp dried basil)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread cherry tomatoes on the pan and roll around to evenly coat with the olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in large sauce pan. Add zucchini, onion, green pepper and carrots to the pan. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add canned tomato sauce, edamame, roasted cherry tomatoes, basil, and oregano to the vegetables in the pan. Simmer sauce for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serve spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta noodles. Chef’s Note: This is definitely one of those recipes that you can double for two batches. Serve one and freeze the other in containers. Kid Friendly: If you think your kids will not like the cherry tomato chunks in their sauce, puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor before you put them in the sauce. Make Ahead: The tomatoes can be roasted a few days ahead to save time during the week.
Calories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 46mgFiber: 7gSugar: 16g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!