Cheesy Corn Casserole
Cheesy Corn Casserole is a perfect Thanksgiving side dish or to bring to any holiday gathering needing a festive touch.
- 2 15-oz bags frozen corn thawed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp canned green chilies optional
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn, butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, Greek yogurt, ½ cup cheese, cornmeal, green chilies and salt. Pour into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top and bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Make Ahead: This entire dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or frozen until ready to re-heat and use. Mix It Up: Not a fan of pumpkin? You can use applesauce instead of pumpkin puree. Nutrition Nugget: It is hard to believe that a dish called Cheesy Corn Casserole packs in 10g of protein per serving. The main source of the protein is the eggs, Greek yogurt, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
Calories: 270kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 344mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!