Adapted from: http://thefoodiepatootie.com/national-fast-food-day/
- 1.25 lb lean ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 12 Hawaiian sandwich rolls slicedhalf
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese sliced
- Condiments as preferred
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 10x15 sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, peanut butter and milk.
- Put the meat mixture on the baking sheet and spread evenly into a thin layer. Sprinkle with the diced onions.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until meat is cooked through and measures 165 degrees F. Take the pan out of the oven and carefully drain off any accumulated juices.
- Top the meat with the cheese slices. Put back in the oven until the cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then arrange the roll tops on top of the meat in 4 rows of 3 across so that the meat is covered by the rolls. Put back in the oven for about 3 minutes to warm the roll tops.
- Remove the burgers from the oven and cut the burgers into squares around the roll tops.
- Place each burger on top of the roll bottom. Serve with preferred condiments.
- This is a great recipe to make for a crowd. It can easily be doubled to make 2 pans of sliders. You could also leave the cheese off the burgers and just have tasty hamburgers instead.
- Yes, these have a lot of sodium in them, mainly due to the onion soup mix. You could use half of a packet to cut it down or make your own onion soup mix using this recipe.
Calories: 421kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 29gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 905mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!