Cauliflower Celery Root Baked Potato Soup
Baked Potato Soup gets a healthy makeover, boosting the flavor and nutrients with the addition of cauliflower and celery root! The result is creamy goodness sure to please the pickiest of palettes.
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 small celery root peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small russet potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small onion roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower, celery root, potatoes, onion, garlic and chicken stock in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Alternatively, puree in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and offer sliced green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles as optional toppings.
Calories: 109kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 10gFat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 606mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!