Broccoli & Sausage Egg "Muffins"
These Broccoli & Sausage Egg "Muffins" are simple, yet versatile. Perfect for a brunch buffet or make ahead grab and go breakfast during the week.
- 1/3 lb all natural pork sausage or turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup sweet bell pepper diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs chopped (I used thyme and oregano)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a pan and crumble. Cook until done and no longer pink inside. Drain sausage leaving a small amount of grease in pan. Set sausage aside.
- In pan, cook onion and pepper until soft, about 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with sausage.
- Beat eggs and milk. Add herbs and spices. Mix well.
- Divide vegetable and sausage mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, divided evenly among each. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup, about ¾ full. Top each with grated parmesan, divided evenly among each.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set and golden brown on top.
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 8gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 186mgSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!