Broccoli Apple Salad
Change up your sides with this salad made from apples, broccoli and cranberries. This would be perfect for a picnic or potluck.
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 head broccoli coarsely chopped
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 Tbsp sweet onion finely chopped
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the cranberries, broccoli, apple and onion to the bowl and toss well.
- Cover and chill prior to serving.
Chef’s Note: If raw broccoli isn’t your thing (like Lesley), then steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes until crisp tender, cool and add to the salad. Simplify It: Buy a bag of broccoli florets in the produce section of the grocery store to use in the recipe versus cutting up your own. Nutrition Nugget: If broccoli just showed up as a new item in the grocery store today, it would be deemed the next big “superfood”! Just ½ cup of raw broccoli contains over 50% of your daily needs for Vitamin C, an antioxidant.
Calories: 102kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSodium: 174mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!