Break the Bank Crab Cakes
These crab cakes take a bit of time to make but they are worth the effort if company is coming. They are meaty for those that like hearty crab cakes. Serve with an arugula salad with a light lemon dressing. Yum!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 dashes tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb superior lump crabmeat jumbo lump, not the back fin
- 24 saltine or Keebler crackers finely crushed
Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 3 Tbsp capers
- Dash tabasco sauce
Preparation steps for Crab Cakes:
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, and all seasonings in mixing bowl. Gently add crab and crackers.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet and chill. (Can be made up to 4 hours before serving.)
- Broil crab cakes for about 5 minutes and then flip over and broil longer until browned and cooked through. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Serve crab cakes with Lemon Caper Sauce.
Preparation steps for Lemon Caper sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, chives, capers and tabasco sauce. Serve over the crab cakes.
Calories: 400kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 19gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 1408mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!