Blender Banana Bread
This easy banana bread uses a blender to easily mix the wet ingredients. Using mini loaf pans, you can make different flavors with a variety of add-ins like chocolate chips, sprinkles or strawberries.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan or 2 mini-loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix flours, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Put the bananas, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a blender and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients from the blender into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Stir in nuts or any other add-ins like chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan(s) and bake for 55 to 60 minutes for a large loaf or 25 to 30 minutes for mini-loaves. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove bread from pan and continue to cool on rack before slicing and serving.
Make Ahead: You can make the dry mix several days before if you do not have enough time to make the bread all at once. Chef's Notes:
- I usually make 2 batches at one time and just double all the ingredients.
- I prefer the mini-loaves. I usually fill 4 mini-loaf pans, then add an extra fun ingredient such as chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries, apples or sprinkles to each one. After pouring the batter into the pan, I gently mix them down into the pan with a knife. This means you have 4 different types of loaves of bread for more variety.
- When I make large batches at a time, I wrap them in plastic wrap after they are completely cooled, put them in a freezer baggy and into the freezer so I can pull out when needed later.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 72mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!