Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are a great veggie burger option packed with protein.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 small onion roughly chopped, 1 cup
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained, about 1/4 cup
- 1 15-ounce can black beans no salt added, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 tsp garlic minced, about 4 cloves
- 1 tsp steak seasoning eg. Montreal Steak seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 whole-grain hamburger buns
- Stir together 1 ½ cups water and quinoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. This should yield about 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa.
- In a food processor, put the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, ½ of the beans, the garlic, steak seasoning, black pepper and ¾ cup cooked quinoa. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining beans and ¾ cup cooked quinoa.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray well with cooking spray. Form the bean and quinoa mixture into 6 burger patties. Cook the patties in the pan about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Flip using a wide spatula. Respray the pan between batches.
- Serve black bean quinoa burgers on hamburger buns with your favorite condiments and toppings.
Chef’s Note: These burgers are soft in the middle and have a different texture than a meat hamburger but have lots of flavor. Double the recipe to make extra and freeze for quick lunches or dinners another time.
Calories: 323kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 14gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 613mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!