Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
This is a fast and easy stir fry that is better than Chinese take out for a hectic week night.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 lb top sirloin cut into strips
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large broccoli heads chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok on medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onion to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the steak. Cook for about 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together oyster sauce, broth, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add the broccoli and sauce to the beef in the pan. Cook until broccoli is tender and sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve over rice.
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 27gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 751mgSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!