BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
These are a fun twist on a more traditional quesadilla, but just as tasty and kid-friendly.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 whole grain flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown. Add the chicken and barbecue sauce to the pan. Stir well and cook until heated through.
- Assemble the quesadillas by putting in each tortilla 1/4 of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese on one side. Fold each tortilla in half.
- Wipe out the skillet then spray with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add a quesadilla to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 triangles and serve with desired toppings or extra barbecue sauce for dipping.
Mix It Up: For more flavor and fun, dice up a tomato and avocado and put on top of the quesadilla. Make Ahead: Season, cook and shred the chicken the night before. Simplify It: Buy a rotisserie chicken and shred to use in the recipe rather than cooking your own.
Calories: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 35gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 861mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!