These delicious muffins are the perfect grab and go snack for your on the go days or kids lunchbox! They are good throughout the entire day and can even be made into approximately 48 mini muffins!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, beaten egg, melted butter, brown sugar, applesauce, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Spoon batter into each hole in the muffin pan until it is about 2/3 full.
- Place muffins in oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Chef’s Note: This is a versatile muffin recipe. Add mix-ins like chopped nuts or chocolate chips for a change of pace. Or if you want to use a different fruit like blueberries to make blueberry muffins, cut back on the amount of bananas to just 2.
Serving: 60.6gCalories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 3gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 129mgPotassium: 140mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!