Banana Coconut Pancakes
These whole grain dairy-free pancakes use a can of light coconut milk for flavor and moisture in place of regular milk. Paired with banana, these pancakes may be your new favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ or ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 14-oz can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Combine flour, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients: banana through honey. Whisk well to mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined. The batter will be on thick side. If you prefer a thinner batter then stir in some water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a small amount of oil or non-stick cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon, pour batter into the skillet to form each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to appear and pancakes are golden brown on bottom, about 2 – 3 minutes. Flip and cook for several more minutes until golden brown on bottom. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Chef's Note: Add unsweetened grated coconut to the batter for a little more texture and coconut flavor.
Calories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 20mgPotassium: 67mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!