Baked Potato Bar
Making your own baked potato bar is a fun way for the family to eat dinner together and everyone can customize their own potato to their liking from a variety of toppings.
- 4 russet potatoes scrubbed and rinsed
- plain Greek yogurt great substitute for sour cream
- chopped chives or scallions
- shredded cheddar cheese or other favorite cheese
- spinach lightly sautéed
- broccoli lightly steamed
- avocado diced
- black beans
- olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put potatoes on a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil. Bake potatoes in oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until potato is tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking, assemble desired topping choices in bowls.
- Cut potatoes open vertically and let everyone build their own with their favorite toppings.
- Bake potatoes the day before or in the morning, cool and refrigerate then reheat in oven or microwave before serving.
- Did you know that you can bake potatoes in the slow cooker? Just prick each potato with a fork, then wrap in aluminum foil and place inside the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Calories: 168kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 11mgPotassium: 888mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!