Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Sweet chili sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish like a pie plate, whisk the egg.
- In a food processor, grind the coconut and almonds. In another shallow dish, combine the ground coconut and almonds with the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each shrimp in the egg mixture, covering both sides. Then place the shrimp into the breaded mixture, thoroughly coating all sides of the shrimp. Lay the shrimp on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional).
- If there is a nut allergy in the family, you can eliminate the almonds from the recipe and just use extra coconut. Another option is to use sunflower seeds in place of the almonds.
- If you have any leftovers, you can cut the shrimp into small pieces and add it to a colorful salad for lunch the next day.
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 17gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 270mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!