Avocado Chicken Salad in a Cucumber Cup
A quick and easy small plate for a sunny day. Each serving is 3 cucumber cups.
- 1 avocado pitted, skin removed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 stalk celery diced small
- 1/2 red onion finely diced (optional)
- 2 cucumbers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add avocado and lemon juice to a bowl and mash together to form a smooth consistency.
- Add diced chicken, bell pepper, celery and onion (if desired) to the mashed avocado and mix thoroughly.
- Peel the cucumber in 4 evenly spaced strips. Cut the cucumbers into 1 inch pieces. Take a spoon and slightly remove the seeds from the middle leaving the bottom intact.
- Scoop the chicken avocado mix into the cucumber cup. Season with salt and pepper.
Kid-Friendly Tip: Peeling the cucumbers skin helps with garnishing the appetizer and reduces the bitterness that some children associate with this vegetable. Simplify It: Stressed about time? Just use pre-made guacamole and pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Cut the breast from the chicken, remove the skin, and chop small. Then toss with the guacamole. A lot of stores also sell pre-diced vegetables. Can’t find red-bell pepper and celery? Use pre-cut onion and celery mix instead.
Calories: 276kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 27gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 76mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!