Sweet Potato Apple Bake
This is a family favorite holiday tradition at Thanksgiving or any time you feel like the flavors of fall.
- 4 large sweet potatoes baked, peeled and sliced
- 5 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- In a greased 2 ½ to 3-quart casserole dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the apples. Sprinkle half of the sugar and spice mixture over the apples and sweet potatoes. Dot with half of the butter. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered at 350°F for about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
Make Ahead: Bake the sweet potatoes in advance to make it faster and easier to throw this dish together. Nutrition Nugget: We love this recipe because it brings in two of Fall's favorite fruits and vegetables, apples and sweet potatoes. And, of course, we love it because it is packed with Vitamin A!
Calories: 132kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 82mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!