Apple Slaw with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Give cole slaw a kid friendly makeover with the addition of apples and a honey mustard vinaigrette.
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp stoneground mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped Gala or other red skin apple
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
- Whisk together the honey, vinegar, mustard and salt in large bowl until combined. Whisk in oil until blended.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and toss gently to mix. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Kid-Friendly: If you are not sure your children will like the apple slaw, serve them a small portion but have some plain apples cut up and ready to serve. Before you put the cut up apples on the table, try the slaw first because we all know that if they see the simple apples, they are less likely to try the apple slaw.
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSodium: 180mgFiber: 2gSugar: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!