Apple Pomegranate Bread
This recipe make 2 loaves, perfect for sharing with someone else or freezing one for another time.
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- dash nutmeg
- dash cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 2 9x5 loaf pans well with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves and stir well.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the applesauce, brown sugar, white sugar, canola oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until moistened. Fold in the apple and pomegranates.
- Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans. Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let bread sit in pans for about 5 minutes, then loosen sides with a knife and remove bread from pan. Let cool completely on a rack. Slice and serve.
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 233mgFiber: 3gSugar: 16g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!