Apple Carrot Muffins
Apples, carrots and raisins give these muffins a good bit of natural sweetness so less sugar is added overall to the recipe.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and grated
- 1 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, flour through baking powder. Stir in the apples, carrots, flax seed and raisins. In the center of the mixture, make a large well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or put muffin cups in each hole. Fill each about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until beginning to brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Simplify It: Buy pre-shredded carrots rather than grating your own.
Calories: 219kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 253mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!