Almond Crusted Cod
This is a simple cod dish to make and the longer it marinates, the better it tastes. It is finished with an almond crust for extra crunch.
- 1 Tbsp less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds chopped
- 1 lb cod or another white fish cut into four pieces
- Combine the soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame oil in a baking dish. Put the cod in the marinade, coating both sides of the fish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. The longer it marinates, the richer the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the cod until cooked through and it flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes for 1-inch thick pieces.
- Spoon any remaining cooked marinade in dish over cod and then gently press the almonds into the cod so they stick a bit. Serve.
Kid Friendly: If your kids like tilapia, then try out cod. It is a bit thicker and richer but still a very kid-friendly option. Make Ahead: The preparation time on this dish is about 5 minutes. It’s an easy one to throw together before bed or early in the morning before work so that it is rich in flavor from a long marinade time.
Calories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 17gFat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 182mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!