4th of July is just around the corner. For most, the main dish is easy. Throw on some chicken, burgers, hot dogs or maybe some salmon and the kids and adults are happy. But, when it comes to sides, things get tricky. Being the perfect hostesses that we are (OK, that’s not really true!), we want to make both the kids and parents happy and think beyond coleslaw and run of the mill potato salad. What’s a hostess to do!
Never fear, we have you covered. Check out this wonderful list of 14 side dishes that make everyone happy. You will see some creative dishes with fun grains like Farro but then some simple ones like the Honey Roasted Carrots.
1. The RED, WHITE, and BLUE Power Salad by My Menu Pal
2. Grilled Mexican Zucchini Boats by Avocado a Day
3. Farro Veggie Salad by Mom-to-Mom Nutrition
4. Sunflower Broccoli Salad by Mom-to-Mom Nutrition
5. Creamy Cucumber Salad by In Wealth and Health
6. Broccoli Stalk Slaw by Be Truly Nourished
7. Creamy Macaroni Salad with Corn and Arugula by Dishing Out Health
8. Nepali Style Potato Salad by Food, Pleasure, & Health
9. Tabbouleh with the Works Meal Makeover Moms
10. Company Pasta Salad with Veggies by Holley Grainger
11. Sundried Tomato and Basil Potato Salad by Healthy Aperture
12. Honey Roasted Rosemary Carrots by Eleat Sports Nutrition
13. Mango Quinoa Salad with Shrimp by MJ and Hungryman